DTZ’s work to carry out highest and best use analysis of an 11.59 ha site near the international Boryspil Airport in Kyiv, on behalf of REDI Capital
In 2008, DTZ was appointed by REDI Capital to carry out the highest and best use analysis of an 11.59 ha site near the international Boryspil Airport in Kyiv, and to develop a marketing concept for the business park.
What DTZ did
- In-depth analysis of the office and logistics property markets in Kyiv, as well as analysis of the planned retail developments
- Identified potential occupiers’ demand and interest in the subject location by conducting a survey of the major multinationals
- Recommended that highest and best use of the subject site was the phased development of a 80,000 sq m (GLA) business park with supporting amenities
- Advised on the optimal structure, zoning and specifications of the properties within the business park, as well as its optimal phasing to support establishment of the location as a commercial destination
- Focused on achieving optimal rental revenue for the developer and to allow a realistic exit strategy through investment sale
- Carried out analysis of the financial viability of the proposed business park development
- Developed a detailed marketing concept which assisted the business park’s architects, Aukett Fitzroy Robinson
- Demonstrated teamwork between DTZ’s office agency and valuation teams as well as responsive client service
The work of DTZ’s multi-disciplinary and cross-boarder team on the project supported REDI Capital in making the right decision in relation to further development of the 11.59 ha site.
In providing advice to our partner, DTZ combined knowledge of the best modern global practices of property development, as well as in-depth understanding of the Ukrainian property market and occupiers’ needs.
Ruben Razilov, Strategic Development and Marketing Director commented: “DTZ quickly proved to be a reliable partner. Behind a distinguished international brand there is of course a professional team of consultants. With its 14 years of in-depth experience on the Ukrainian market, DTZ offered REDI CAPITAL solid insights and assistance. As a result of DTZ’s advice, we have opted to participate in several high-profile and expensive investment projects.”